NEW LIFE EVENTS
Family Christmas Party and Craft Fair
Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
November 14, 2019 –
This is a great opportunity for children of all ages to get involved with Operation Christmas Child. They can help to make a difference! We will watch some short films about the project, learn where the gift boxes go, and find out about the lives they impact. Children are encouraged to write letters and cards to include in their boxes. You will need to bring small items to pack (see below). Shoeboxes and forms will be provided.
Children are encouraged to prepare for this by personally choosing items to fill a shoebox. Over the past couple of years we have also made drawstring bags to include in our boxes. These are simple fabric bags (approx. 12”x 16”), with a drawstring at the top (you can use a ribbon or shoe lace if you like). If you are not sure and want to give this a go, there are lots of tutorials online.
Bring a well-balanced variety of items to fill your shoebox such as:
- Toys & Other Gifts – Items such as dolls, soccer balls, stuffed animals, small musical instruments, hair clips, toy jewellery, puzzles, t-shirts and socks
- School Supplies – Items such as pencils, pens, crayons, note pads and picture books – apparently school supplies are truly prized!
- Hygiene Items - Toothbrushes, soap (please place soap in a sealable bag), washcloths
- Please enclose a personal note/card and/or a photo in your shoebox
-No food or candy!
Please DO NOT include any of the following items:
- Food or candy: Including gum (due to customs regulations)
- Decks of standard playing cards (other card games such as UNO are allowed)
- Used items (due to customs regulations)
- Toothpaste (due to customs regulations)
- Liquids or items that could leak, melt, freeze, or break – shampoo, creams, lip balm, bath gels, mirrors, or glass, etc. (these can damage other items in the shoebox)
- Items that can scare or harm a child - War-related toys, knives, and toy guns, etc.
Parents – we will be able to spend some time together, so bring a pot luck item to share and stay for lunch! Thank you to Queenie for kindly hosting this event at her home in Coquitlam.
For more details and the address, please email Annabel: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-20 Meeting Schedule
Come and get to know us!
Meetings are held the first Monday of the month, from October to June, at 7:00 p.m. September's meeting is held on the second Monday, also at 7:00 p.m.
Following the meetings there is time to linger, enjoy a coffee, and meet new friends.
September 16th Welcome Back Meeting! Kick off to another great year!
October 7th October Meeting - Organization Advice by Guest Speaker Hannah Linde
November 4th November Meeting - Financial Responsibility - This meeting will be held at a member's home. Please email email@example.com for details.
December 2nd Family Christmas Party and Craft Fair - fun for the whole family. Craft fair, games, carol singing, potluck-style supper!
January 6th, 2020 January Meeting - Art Reflection
February 3rd February Meeting
March 2nd March Meeting
April 6th April Meeting
May 4th May Meeting - Curriculum Night. Recommendations and curriculum 'show and tell' will help you get ahead on next year's planning and learning.
June 1st Wrap-Up - Science, Art, and Talent Night – student showcase; an evening for your children to show their talents/share what they have been learning during the year. Don't forget to bring friends and family!
Sports Day June - Join us for a fun morning of sports and activities for all ages at Hume Park. Bring a blanket, lawn chair and lunch! Bring siblings and friends!
8765 Government Street, Burnaby, B.C.New Life Community Church