Who We are...
•We are a Christian support group of homeschooling parents who warmly welcome you to join our volunteer and membership-based group.
•We have been established and active for over thirty years.
•We meet mainly in New Westminster/Burnaby/Coquitlam to encourage each other, share information and resources, grow in our educational knowledge, and help our children connect with other learners. Our parent meetings are generally held on the first Monday of each month (September to June) in a church in New Westminster. A parent or parent committees organize field trips, book clubs, and co-ops based on various subjects.
• Our members are from Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, New Westminster and the Fraser Valley.
New Life Homeschool Membership is available for $35 per academic year.
Half-year memberships for new members are available starting in January of each year (for $17.50).
The benefits of membership are the following:
- Group emails and WhatsApp groups to inform members of our group social activities, co-ops, and field trips
- Participate in the many scheduled field trips, co-ops and other NLHA yearly events such as Sports Day and Science, Arts &Talent night
- Borrow books, CDs, curriculum, etc. from our resource library
- Receive emailed newsletters outlining our activities and news
- Monthly parent meetings during the school year to encourage/support each other in our homeschooling
- Share/sell/giveaway used curriculum among members
- Insurance– all members have third party liability for our group activities so if there is property damage or someone outside the group is accidently injured, the members are covered.
- New Life Homeschool Association (NLHA) endeavours to be of assistance and to provide information and support to parents who have taken on the responsibility to educate their children at home.
We hope you will consider joining our vibrant and active support group!
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to join one of our upcoming meetings or get togethers. We look forward to meeting you!